The controller for your personal data is Hoya Holdings N.V., (Radarweg 29, 1422 AC Amsterdam The Netherlands) together with Hoya Optical Labs of America, Inc. (651 E Corporate Dr, Lewisville, TX 75057, United States) (together hereafter referred to as “HOYA”).
- Use of personal data
We would like to give you a description of the personal data we use, for what purposes and on which legal grounds.
- When you register as a Principal Shop Owner, we process your name, e-mail address, password, username, time settings, and Shop Owner confirmation to provide you with access to the Hoya Hub, to provide customer service and communicate on the use of the Hoya hub and to manage your account;
- We further process your Shop address, shipping, delivery and invoice information to enable you and your authorized shop employees to verify and manage this information, perform order searches, delivery tracking and view invoices and statements. Your shop address may also be exposed to end users on the Hoya Website if you have given us your permission to do so.
- We process your employee authorizations and their email addresses to invite authorized shop employees to register for Hoya hub
- When you register as a Shop Employee, we process your name, e-mail address, password, username and authorizations to provide you with the access to the Hoya Hub as authorized by your Principal Shop Owner, to provide customer service and communicate on the use of the Hoya hub and to manage your account;
Browsing information and cookies
- We use information on your browsing and interactions with us to improve the Hoya Hub, and hoya products and services;
- If you subscribe to our newsletters, we will send you commercial information by email about our products and services. In case you do not wish to receive any more newsletters by e-mail, you can unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We may also send you newsletters on our products and services by postal mail. If you do not wish to receive those newsletters, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- Legal ground
The most important legal ground for processing your data is that this is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and HOYA on the use of the Hoya Hub. The publication of your shop address on the Hoya website and the use of your email address for newsletters and the use of analytics cookies are based on your permission. Finally, HOYA has a legitimate interest to improve the contents of the website, its products and services according to an analysis of your browsing behavior, purchases and interactions with us.
- Use of personal data by third parties
HOYA does not share your data with third parties, unless:
- You have given us your permission;
- There is a legal obligation to do so;
- When we act on your request or carry out your order to HOYA group companies, or to third party payment or shipment providers;
- In the event of a (contemplated) merger with or acquisition of HOYA or (part of) its assets by a third party;
- Parties act for HOYA as a processor on our behalf.
- Transfer of data outside the EU
Within the abovementioned purposes for processing of data by HOYA, your personal data are transferred to processors outside of the EU. The level of personal data protection in the relevant countries is not considered similar to the EU Regulations on the protection of Personal Data. However, we have entered into data processor agreements that include the EU standard contractual clauses for processors and as a result your data are protected accordingly. A copy of these clauses may be obtained by sending a request to DPO@hoya.com.
- Merger or acquisition
HOYA may transfer its enterprise as a whole or part of its assets to a third party. In that case your personal data may also be transferred to that party. We shall inform you hereof timely in advance. In case you do not wish to use our services anymore, you may request us to remove your data.
- Storage period
Personal data will not be kept by us any longer than necessary for the purposes for which they were originally collected or processed further. All your personal data necessary for the Hoya Hub will be stored for the duration of your account and 1 year afterwards. The order data will be available for the Hoya Hub for the same period, but will be stored longer elsewhere as required to carry out your order, to comply with financial and tax regulations and otherwise in accordance with GDPR.
In case you have opted in to receive newsletters from us, your personal profile is based on history of 2 years preceding the newsletter.
For the storage period of cookies, the information can be found in the cookie statement.
You have the right to inspect your data and to request to access, correct, restrict, delete or remove them. You also have the right to request a machine-readable subset of your data and store it elsewhere. Where the processing of your personal data is based on your permission, you are at all times entitled to withdraw this permission.
To change cookie settings please use [link]. A change of cookie settings will have no effect on information collected before such change.
Furthermore, you may always object against the use of your data for direct marketing purposes. You may also object against any other processing for legitimate interest purposes in connection with your personal circumstances.
Requests to exercise the above rights may be submitted by sending an e-mail to our DPO. The Data protection officer for HOYA Europe may be contacted by DPO@hoya.com.
You may also at all times file a complaint with the Data Protection Authority.
- Changes of this policy
HOYA reserves the right to change this policy. Make sure you are always familiar with the latest version of this policy posted here. We will inform you of important changes timely in advance.